Saturday, December 24, 2011

Nature, Dreams and Visions


I have had the pleasure this week of working in this beautiful travelling art journal. It was hand made and the above art work was done by Deedee Forrester from California.
Her theme is Nature , Dreams and Visions.
She and I are fellow journey women in the 15 Artists, 15 Journals, 15 Months swap.

Inside her journal there are some very beautiful entries and these lovely words from Deedee~
"Our journals are on a daring flight around the world. Letting go of something we love, something we have started, giving back to each other is as life should be ."

It has been such a pleasure to give my work to Deedee and share my nature, dreams and visions in her lovely journal. I have long admired Deedee's work so was thrilled when she joined up into this swap with me.


Deedee has generously added extra pages into her journal and invited everyone to do more than one if they would like to, so I took her up on her offer and did 2 pages.

The one above I did using stencils and sprays, markers and stamps.
I took this journal down to the local skate park with my boys the other day, and it certainly made those few hours a whole lot more pleasant. 


This page was inspired by one of my favorite lessons I did in a wonderful art journaling course 30 Days with Gulfsprite   taught by the  very talented artist and gifted teacher Christy Sobolewski .


4 comments:

  1. I am certain your friend will be very happy that you did two pages. Your texture work is just amazing and you really made that technique your own Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great remark from a teacher/mentor. Your work as usual is breathtakingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats lovely Louise on your wonderful entries in Deedee's fabulous journal!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.