Monday, July 30, 2012

Bright New Art Journals


I have been really enjoying book making lately
and have made some lovely art journals to sell.


I learned a new skill~
copic binding
and love they way look bound this way.


I used a variety of different papers,
repurposed ones - vintage book pages, vintage atlas pages,
 sheet music and an old children's illustrated dictionary,


and lots of new paper as well
printmaking paper , water colour paper, 
black and white sketch paper and
 different coloured printer paper.


Some have found there way to new homes already
where I hope they will encourage their new owners to 
make art and play in the pages.

8 comments:

  1. As a recipient I am eternally grateful. Mine is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journals look SUPER!!:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your journals, they look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They indeed look wonderful Louise and very inviting to work in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been lucky enough to receive one of these journals and it's even more lovely in your hands than it appears in a pic.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are enjoying your journals Mother Tiger and Kat Lakie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love how you have filled them with different papers!! Look forward to seeing them at the Simply Handmade Market in Yamba Dec 2!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.