Monday, September 30, 2013

My Waste Paint Art Journal

Layers, lovely layers of colour and pattern, I love them.


While I am playing with my gelli plate I keep a student .visual diary beside my plate, I am using a canson A4.  I have it opened up and use it to clean my tools as I use them on the gelli plate. I also clean my stencils and stamps in this journal and I end up with some really gorgeous prints and so inspiring, I just want to play in this journal all the time now..


All that excess green I rolled of the brayer formed a lovely background for cleaning off the dwarf nandina leaves the day we did botanical printing.


Here I was cleaning off some tools 
I used to stamp into my plate,
they make great starting points for journal pages.


This page has been used for cleaning off the brayer and various stamping tools and then I have cleaned some of my home made stamps off on top of these pages, the white is gesso I was stamping onto a different piece of work.


And this page you might recognise if you are a regular river girl art reader.
It looked like this when I took it out in my car the other day 
and it turned into this.


I am loving this journal so full of inspiration, colour and texture and just ready for me to start playing in it at any time. I still have a few pages blank in the back and some have notes scrawled onto them that may become another layer in a journal page when I get to them or may just stay like that to remind of the day they were written.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.