Monday, October 14, 2013

Playing with Resists

  

I love experimenting in my art journals, playing with intention and also those happy little accidents that just happen. I had cleaned off a stamp in my journal here that I had been using with white acrylic paint, some time later I wanted to test out the new colours I got in distress ink pads and the 2 mediums worked beautifully together and got me thinking about different ways to use this resist from the white paint and what else could I use to highlight it?

I did some stencilling with white acrylic and experimented with dylusions sprays, I love this resist but the bleed through was pretty heavy and that was in a dylusions journal so was a bit disappointing. 

 


This one was white gesso through a stencil and I used a paint brush with alcohol inks , the colours are really vivid and I loved the interactivity between the colours and the gesso.


This one is on canvas and I have white acrylic resists and also modeling paste to add layers and depth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to River Girl Art, I love your comments and feed back.